The objectives of the Society of Craniofacial Genetics and Developmental Biology are:
- To promote understanding of the genetics, anatomy and biology of the craniofacial structures in the health sciences and in the practice of health delivery.
- To promote teaching of craniofacial genetics and developmental biology in the health sciences. This includes an explicit evolutionary perspective enabling the informed use of animal models in the pursuit of knowledge and development of therapeutics.
- To promote basic and clinical research efforts in craniofacial genetics and developmental biology.
- To provide a forum for interdisciplinary communication among professionals interested in craniofacial anomalies and normal development and function of craniofacial structures.
- To provide a focus for application of research results in craniofacial genetics to clinical care and management of patients with such problems.
The Society of Craniofacial Genetics and Developmental
Biology (SCGDB) is an international organization
established in 1975 as the Society of Craniofacial Genetics.
Letter to our Members
I encourage you to take an active part in the Society in order to carry forward and advance our priorities in research and patient care. I would like to…
The SCGDB is a nonprofit membership driven organization consisting of physicians, dentists, anthropologists, developmental biologists, geneticists and other professionals and students whose interests involve the craniofacial region.